From the Principal's desk
The focus of Kohima Bible College is in producing ministers in the anointing power of the Holy Spirit. The College is as well aimed at preparing students who will be sensitive to God’s leading and serve the purpose of God in their lives and even live their lives giving hope to the coming generation. We have committed Faculty members who are furthermore instrumental in shaping and bringing students to Academic excellence and spiritual quality.
The College believes and gives the sole prominence that “the important person in the whole programme is you”. The Lord has honored you and you are definite about your call, we trust that Kohima Bible College will be the right place for your training and you will never regret. I am very much confident that your stay at Kohima Bible College will help you reach your goal in the service of the Lord.
God Bless you
The Kohima Bible College is the first established Bible College in Nagaland, founded by late Rev. Neihulie Angami on 1st August, 1970 to prepare the youth for a life of commitment and dedication for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ and to train the un-trained Evangelists and Pastors in Nagaland. In knowing the need of a Theological Institution in Nagaland, the late Rev. C.B Anderson of Tyler Texas who was working as a missionary in India shared the imperative need with Rev. David Nunn of Dallas Texas. Having caught with the vision of setting up a Bible College in Nagaland, Kohima Bible College was established through the generosity of Rev. David Nunn the Kohima Bible College was established.
The Kohima Bible College is an evangelical, interdenominational and charismatic Bible college and is operated by faith.
Aims & Objectives
To magnify Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to the glory of the Father.
To train the students who have recognized the call of God for Christian service and provide the students with a working knowledge of the word of God through a specialized programme of instruction.
To train the student in the development of Christian character and the basic skills necessary for a life of service for the Lord Jesus Christ.
To prepare the students fully for the highest vocation of life, viz that of serving humanity through the ministry of Jesus.
To prepare God-fearing ministers for the global mission.
Kohima Bible College recognizes the freedom of each student to develop his/her character under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Since the students at the college are already given admission on the basis of their personal testimony and recognized as Christians; it is essential that they live a God honouring life both on and off the campus.
Every effort here is made to see that the students grow, not only in knowledge but also in the maturity of the Christian life.
As a community of Christians with special commitment to acting out love to one another, the College expects community behaviour that demonstrates standard of respect for people and property. This College is committed to foster respectful inter personal relationships regardless of gender, race, age, handicapping condition or national origin.
These values are given in order to cultivate dynamic spirituality and the maturity of Christian personality and gifts that each person may achieve his or her purpose and that the name of Christ is not blasphemed by those who do not believe.
Here We Stand Articles of Faith
- We believe that the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writing and that they are the supreme final authority, and the infallible guide for faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in essence while distinct in personality and function.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He is fully God and fully man yet without sin. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as the substitutionary sacrifice for all humankind. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as High Priest and advocate.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the agent of the new birth through conviction and regeneration and that He seals, indwells, and baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ at the moment of conversion. We believe that the Holy Spirit fills, empowers, guides, teaches believers the way of righteousness and bestows service gifts to believers. We firmly believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are given for the edification of the Church and therefore will be in existence until the rapture of the Church and the perfection of the saints. We believe that the baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit with initial evidence of speaking in tongue as the Spirit gives utterance is the Pentecostal type of experience which gives power and grace for life and service.
- We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, that mankind sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also the spiritual death which is separation from God, in consequence of which all are now sinners by nature and by choice and the only hope of redemption is by grace of God in Jesus Christ through His shed blood.
- We believe that salvation is divinely initiated, wholly by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, seen in repentance towards God and being regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit, that the believer who has exercised personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is completely justified possesses a salvation which is eternally secure.
- We believe that the Church which is Christ’s body is the spiritual organism consisting of all born-again believers on this New Testament dispensation whether Jew or Gentile, regardless of denominational affiliation. We believe that the Local Church is the agency through which God has chosen to accomplish His work in the world. A New Testament Church is an organized body of baptized believers, immersed upon a credible confession of faith in Jesus Christ, congregational in polity, autonomous in nature, and banded together for work, worship, edification, the observance of the ordinances and the worldwide fulfilment of the great commission. Its Scriptural offices are pastors (sometimes called bishop/elders), and deacons, whose qualification, claims, and duties are defined in the epistles to Timothy and Titus. We believe that the Local Church under the headship of Christ is to be free from any external hierarchy and should not associate with any efforts to compromise the Truth.
- We believe that the scriptural ordinances of the Church are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper and are to be administered by the local church and they do not have any saving merit. We believe that baptism by immersion should be administered to believers only as a symbol of their belief in the death of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and as a testimony to the world of believer’s death to sin and his resurrection to a new life. We believe the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes and should be preceded by solemn self-examination.
- We believe that sanctification of heart and life is the will of God for all believers and is made possible by the inner working of the Holy Spirit and by walking in obedience to the Word of God.
- We believe in “that blessed hope” – the personal, pre-millennial, pre-tributional, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, when the Church will be gathered together unto Him.”
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the literal fulfilment of the prophecies and promises of the scriptures which foretell and assure the future regeneration and restoration of Israel as a nation.
- We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ after the tribulation and His literal millennial reign on this earth, and that after the millennial reign, the present heaven and earth shall pass away and that God shall usher in a new heaven and a new earth, and a New Jerusalem.